Seeking a board-certified physician (MD, DO) with both an interest and fundamental knowledge in metabolic health, exercise, nutrition, autoimmune, and endocrinology
Dr. Gabrielle Lyon is a physician and the founder of the Institute for Muscle-Centric Medicine®, an innovative medical practice focused on muscle health and wellness. Muscle is the organ of longevity® and now know that muscle holds the key to optimal aging, which is supported by the most current research in the field of health sciences and medicine.
With over 20 years of experience, Dr. Lyon has developed a revolutionary method: Muscle-Centric Medicine®. Our superior treatments eliminate unwanted body fat and build muscle, allowing for continued metabolic health and long-term wellness. Dr. Gabrielle Lyon’s methods also promote exercise to stimulate muscle protein synthesis, not just physical activity, but targeted exercises that ensure lasting health, decreased risk of chronic disease while improving energy, balancing body composition, improving metabolism, and greater mobility.
We are seeking a board-certified physician (fellowship trained is a plus) with both an interest and fundamental knowledge in metabolic health, exercise, nutrition, autoimmune, and endocrinology. We provide a unique, hands-on medical practice with the focus on skeletal muscle as the primary driver to health and wellness. You will be responsible for providing exceptional patient care that leverages evidence-based medicine with emerging cutting-edge science to restore metabolism, balance hormones, optimize body composition, and seek the root cause of illness/disease with the goal of a lifetime of vitality. Our patient population is incredibly motivated, and we have a strong belief that the patient-physician relationship must be a match on both ends.
We are searching for an open-minded clinician with scientific integrity who practices what we preach and must maintain their own physical fitness routine. We are looking for a physician who is fluent in Dr. Lyon’s concept of Muscle-Centric Medicine®. You will be provided with continued education and training in the concept of Muscle-Centric Medicine® to enhance your skills as a clinician and leader in the space.
We have a passion for our military community, and any previous service, experience, or connection with the military is a plus.
This is a part-time position that is intended to lead to full-time employment. You will start with 1-2 days per week and transition to 3-4 days per week in a completely virtual telehealth setting.
BENEFITS OF THE POSITION
We practice the medicine we preach, and to do so means paying full attention to the patient and providing them with the time needed to truly understand their challenges and health history. Therefore, appointment lengths are approximately 90 minutes for new patients, 60 minutes for first follow-ups, and 30 minutes thereafter. Typically, no more than 6-8 patients are seen per day. You will be responsible for caring for a panel of approximately 200 patients when full, with support from our staff. There will be no after-hours or hospital visits. There is no weekend work except if questions arise that the support staff cannot handle and deem immediate attention required.
You must have a willingness to learn and grow. A strong candidate is comfortable with and interested in learning about functional lab analysis, stool testing, nutritional medicine, the topic of mold, hormones, microscopy parasitology, and OATS testing. Our patient base may be classified as medically complex; therefore, you must be open to the challenges of working with this patient base.
- This is a part-time position of 1-2 days, leading to a full-time position with 3-4 days a week, all telehealth.
- Must maintain standards of excellence across all patient encounters and internal protocols, visits, SOAP notes, and portal exchanges.
- Act as a high-touch conduit for accessing and recommending patient referrals and assist patients in accessing excellent care, both within and outside the practice.
- Establish a trusting rapport and communication standard with patients to preserve and maintain the highest level of patient satisfaction and retention.
- Maintain scientific and protocol continuity within the practice, with a willingness to exchange and adapt to new ideas and protocols.
- Be hyper-responsive to patient communication during standard business hours and provide appropriate and responsible care during non-business hours.
- Adhere to physician protocols and policies.
- Adhere to all mandatory Medical Board or Professional Licensing Board regulations.
- Be a strong coach, leader, or facilitator of professional feedback. This role requires a physician committed and passionate about career development and personal growth, not only of themselves but of the entire team and mission.
We are a team and are seeking the next great addition. You must want to grow within our team and not be looking to start your own thing.
- At least one year of experience post-residency or fellowship.
- Candidates must have a medical degree (MD or DO) and a current DEA license.
- Must have their own Malpractice and be willing to add Dr. Lyon/Young Medical and IMCM to the policy.
- Must be licensed to practice in New York, New Jersey, and California within the first six months of employment; other state licensing will be required as you grow within the practice.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas in written and verbal format to a layperson audience.
- Exceptional analytical capacity and critical thinking skills.
- Highly organized and attention to detail is a must.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR APPLICATION
– A personalized Cover Letter, Three References, and your CV.
– A video that specifically addresses the following questions (in any order):
1. Why are you interested in joining this practice, specifically?
2. What do you see as your greatest strengths?
3. What do you see as your greatest liabilities?
4. What do you do to ensure you are at least 1% better each day?
5. Tell us about your current practice and how this practice setting has prepared you for your role at the Institute for Muscle-Centric Medicine®.
6. What does your exercise routine look like?
7. Please provide your compensation requirements.
*To include your video with your application, please upload your video to a file or video sharing platform and share the URL in your Cover Letter.
AN ASSIGNMENT WILL BE PROVIDED FOLLOWING THE INTERVIEW« Back