VIDA Integrative Medicine is currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our rapidly growing practice and offer their expertise and compassionate care to our patients. Experience in functional and integrative medicine is required. Knowledge of thyroid disorders, GI diseases, environmental medicine, mold and chronic infections is preferred.
We provide patients with specialized medical consultations and lifestyle evaluations that are comprehensive, in-depth and personalized in a spa-like, nurturing environment. Our practice treats a broad spectrum of patients- including patients with complex medical conditions, autoimmune disorders, adrenal dysfunction, gastrointestinal issues, hormones dysregulation, Lyme and co-infections, mold exposure, environmental toxin exposures, mystery disorders, as well as healthy adults and athletes wishing to optimize their performance.
Our expanding practice has an opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant who wants to work with an inspiring, mission-driven team that is transforming healthcare. You would be part of a healthcare team that includes Dr. George, a patient coordinator, medical assistants, a health coach, part-time IV infusion specialists, and a marketing/office manager.
Our focus is on reversing and preventing health problems, while working as a partner with our patients to transform their health thru identifying and treating root causes. Our mission is to empower and encourage patients to reach their health goals through a partnership in which we identify and eliminate barriers to optimal health and vitality.
The desired candidate should be excited to move beyond the conventional medicine thought process and dig deeper into wellness, interfacing with patients throughout their treatment plans to review lab results, maintaining an excellent patient-physician relationship.
- Collaborative team approach w/mentoring by an experienced Functional Medicine Physician.
- Longer patient visits: 90-minute initial consultation and 30-60 minute follow-ups.
- Low patient volume.
- Opportunity to work in a collaborative, fun, and supportive learning environment with mentors.
- Healthy and supportive staff / team environment with location in sunny South Florida.
- Two days per week to start, quickly ramping up to a full-time opportunity with benefits.
- VIDA Integrative Medicine offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including 401K plan, paid vacation, free in-house health care, and employee discounts on products.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Great work environment and work-life balance.
- Interface with patients daily to develop and implement wellness programs.
- Initiate, develop and implement individual nursing plan treatments.
- Assess patient needs and physical status at each visit through health data access and patient interview.
- Obtain and verify physician orders for plan of treatment revisions, inform physician promptly of significant changes in patient’s condition.
- Prepare and coordinate patient instructions and thoroughly report patient care needs, progress and goals.
- Respond promptly and appropriately to patient requests.
- Ongoing patient education.
- Ability to support patient stress management tools such as meditation.
- Facilitate IV infusions in our new IVIDA Nutrient Infusions lounge as needed.
- Accept accountability for own practice through ethical and professional conduct.
- Willingness to learn and provide new procedures/protocols as developed and instructed by Dr. George.
- Must know how to work independently and make decisions in a timely manner.
- 1 year of experience in Integrative/Functional Medicine required.
- We’re looking for a provider who wants to grow with us long-term and is dedicated to high quality patient-centered care and health transformation.
- Board Certified (or have initiated certification) in Functional Medicine, preferably by the Institute of Functional Medicine.
- Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner License in the State of Florida.
To apply please submit:
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter with your background & interest in Integrative & Functional care, what health means to you and how you demonstrate
healthy living in your own life.
- 3 Professional References.