Functional Medicine Physician Assistant
Job Summary: The physician assistant is responsible for seeing patients for a variety of health conditions, utilizing the principles of functional medicine for diagnosis and determining treatment protocols, while working closely with providers, nurses, nutritionists, and administrative team.
Reports To: Medical Director & Supervising Physician
Essential Functions / Position Responsibilities
- Effectively provide Functional Medicine clinical services to include assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and referral for initial patient appointments, follow up appointments and patient needs between appointments.
- Issue appropriate prescriptions, laboratory tests, and supplements as needed.
- Accurately and timely complete documentation of above clinical services in the electronic medical record
- Collaborates in multidisciplinary coordination of care, including counseling and education on health behaviors.
- Provides patient assessments and IV recommendations for Community IV Therapy Program
- Maintain clinical practice according to relevant national and state practice guidelines.
- Consults with Medical Director and Supervising Physician concerning continuous quality improvement measures.
- Actively participate in performance improvement activities, practice development and other duties which support the mission of the UltraWellness Center, on an as needed basis.
- Participates in Medical Staff, Clinical Rounds and Clinical Strategic Planning meetings.
- Adhere to HIPAA Privacy and Security regulations mandated by the Federal Health and Human Service Agency
- Contribute to www.ultrawellnesscenter.com by writing Case Study blogs and Expert Staff blogs.
- Follow all policies, procedures, and protocols set by practice management.
- Fulfill all practice contract obligations.
- Represent The UltraWellness Center in a professional manner within the local community and within any community you visit.
Required Experience and Skills
- Strong clinical knowledge base required.
- Be in alignment with Functional Medicine and our work at The UltraWellness Center
- Takes a solution-oriented approach to challenges/problems.
- Exemplifies a commitment to ensuring excellent customer service for patients.
- Responds to questions in a tactful and professional manner.
- Organized, systematic and detail oriented.
- Able to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced medical office.
- Work well in a collaborative team environment with little supervision.
- Have a high level of computer proficiency, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must possess strong typing skills.
- Experience with electronic medical records required.
- Current DEA and NPI Certificate of Registration.
Training and Educational Requirements
- Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Physician Assistant license to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Physician Assistant in medical practice.
- Maintain current BLS certification.
- Commitment to ongoing Functional Medicine knowledge/training.
- Certification from The Institute for Functional Medicine, preferred.