SteadyMD is on a mission to change the way health care works by offering patients a long-term relationship with their own personal doctor, completely online. Each SteadyMD doctor serves a limited number of patients, so they can give them the time and attention they deserve. We offer comprehensive, personalized, long-term care from anywhere in the world, on any device.
We’re a well funded, rapidly growing team serving patients in all 50 states, and are looking for the next superstars to join our team. If you are a board-certified physician that is passionate about making a long-term impact on your patients’ health: SteadyMD is right for you!
About This Role
We are looking for a responsible, well-respected physician to provide high-quality, virtual primary care to a limited patient panel. Patients will be matched directly if you align with their interests and goals.
You’ll be paired with a Medical Assistant/Care Coordinator, perform initial intake treatment plans, and develop a long-lasting relationship focused on healthy habits and preventive care.
- Conduct initial on-boarding with patients over two-way video to assess health condition and discover possible issues
- Give continuous support and appropriate advice to promote overall health
- Conduct virtual visits for injuries, acute problems, and provide treatment options
- Ask intuitive questions to discover the root cause of illness
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and the patient’s medical history
- Order and interpret lab tests to assist in the diagnosis of illness
- Prescribe medications and provide comprehensive insight into medication management
- Collaborate with physicians, medical assistants, and administrative staff to form a high performing medical team
- Refer patients to other physicians when needed (ophthalmologists, orthopedists, neurologists etc.)
- Maintain a comprehensive medical record of the patient’s complete health history
- Cultivate a climate of trust and compassion between patients and physicians
- Remain up-to-speed with developments and best practices in medicine by attending conferences and seminars
- Two years of post-residency practice experience
- Board certification
- Strong understanding of examination methodologies and diagnostics
- Proficiency in common medication indications, side effects, and contraindications
- In-depth knowledge of legal medical guidelines and medicine best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Respect for patient confidentiality
- Compassionate and approachable
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Doctor of Medicine Degree (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy Medicine Degree (DO) and valid license to practice the profession
- Remote work with flexible hours
- Meaningful relationships with a panel of patients who have been matched to you
- Startup environment focused on real healthcare innovation and disrupting the status quo
- Ergonomic desk setup with equipment