Physician (MD/DO) – Integrative/Functional Medicine
About Sanctuary Functional Medicine
Our mission is to serve mankind by restoring a multitude of chronically ill so that they may live healthier, more abundant lives. We operate as an integrative medicine practice providing what we consider out-patient ICU care as well as wellness based primary care, working to change lives for the better. Sanctuary serves a growing number of adults and children experiencing life-altering chronic illnesses using the root cause approach of functional medicine. We care for patients across the United States who are seeking answers for unexplained or inadequately treated conditions. Broken lives are restored through a team-based approach using the best of natural and conventional medicine.
As a care provider you will begin and end each day energized by the fact that you are part of a solution to help people regain their health while learning how to develop and grow a practice as our goal is to build an institute where we can offer a variety of modalities.
We are looking for an experienced, board-certified Physician (MD or DO) who is passionate about transforming health care. You should have completed or have started training in functional/integrative medicine and demonstrate a strong passion to excel. You must want to specialize in treating complex chronic illnesses and/or head up our growing functional primary care facility. This is a unique opportunity for a practitioner pursuing a career in functional medicine to work in a residency type program under the mentorship of Dr. Eric Potter (Internist & Pediatrician) and the Sanctuary clinical team. Enjoy a career that is cutting edge but also truly rewarding in an environment where patients really do appreciate what you do for them. We see patients who have complex cases such as CIRS, mold toxicity, Lyme disease, autoimmune disorders, mast cell activation, hormone dysfunction, PANS/PANDAS, cardiovascular disease, leaky gut, SIBO, Type II Diabetes, and much more.
If this position caught your eye, send us your resume and, even better, send along a cover letter with specific reasons as to why this position would be a great fit.
- See patients in-person and virtually using the technology platform provided by the practice.
- Provide excellent, personalized patient care according to the guidelines provided by the practice.
- Order, read and interpret complex labs to provide custom recommendations.
- Diagnose conditions and direct patient’s personalized care plan.
- Complete online charts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prescribe and manage thyroid, BHRT, and other medications.
- Prescribe and manage nutritional plans for patients.
- Educate and inspire patients and their family members on their health.
- Participates in treatment team meetings to contribute interventions and assessment results to the multidisciplinary team.
- Support other providers in clinical/treatment research and other client care needs.
- Manage patient treatment plans: monitor progress, answer questions, follow up, address issues, etc.
- Provide whole person emotional support as appropriate and refer for further mental health needs as appropriate
- Work under mentorship of Dr. Potter
- Oversee medical staff that could include a Nurse Practitioner, Nutritionist, Health Coach, Nursing Staff, Lab Manager, Phlebotomist, and Patient Support
- Coordinator to and assign aspects of care accordingly with the goal of helping patients optimize outcomes and achieve their health and wellness goals.
- Provide mentorship to non-Physician staff.
- Lead and manage patient care program development.
- Follow organizational policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Represent Sanctuary Functional Medicine in the local and broader community
- Willing and able to learn about leading-edge therapies.
- MD or DO license
- Board certification (or eligible) in internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, or other primary care fields
- 3+ years of experience providing primary care either via telemedicine or in-person OR
- 2+ years of clinical practice post-residency (preferred) OR
- 2+ years of experience practicing functional medicine (preferred, not required)
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, high-tech, brand-forward work environment
- Passion for your personal health and wellness and that of others
- We are seeking physicians to work full-time hours.
As a full-time Physician, you will generally have six hours of patient care per day, four days per week, with one day reserved for lab review, additional patient communication, and the chance to work on other projects like health outcomes research and collaborating with Dr. Potter and the leadership team on how to successfully grow our institute model.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Equity: Future Negotiable.
- Staring 2 weeks of paid time off. Increases with years on the team.
- Annual professional development stipend? – $2000 per year
- Sanctuary Functional Medicine is committed to providing an equitable, fair and transparent compensation program for all employees.
The starting salary for this role is between $183,529 – $206,471, depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location.
Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skill set, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall throughout the range based on these factors. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with candidates during the process.
Not required, but it would be great if you also have:
Additional License in CA, NY, TX, MA, NJ, IL, PA, VA, NC, CO, GA, AZ, WA and/or CT
*Tennessee doesn’t recognize ND license