Co-Lead Physician (MD/DO)
We are an integrated health and wellness company that makes lasting health and vitality attainable. The company unites the power of nourishing food, evolved medical care, and precision wellness therapies to promote healing, optimization, longevity, and community.
Love.Life’s (L.L) evidenced-based care model focuses on preventing and reversing disease progression and proactively optimizing health by treating the root cause of disease through nutrition and lifestyle changes. Our board-certified physicians practice Lifestyle Medicine as the foundation of care and are influenced by the philosophies of integrative and functional medicine. The company’s goal is to help people live long, healthy and vibrant lives, improving both lifespan and healthspan.
In addition to robust virtual care offerings, L.L’s physical locations will feature a nourishing plant-based restaurant that is open to the public, integrated medical care, fitness and recovery treatments as well as wellness therapies from across the world.
We are a venture-funded, high-growth startup, working in a fast-paced and dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
As the Co-Lead Physician, you will be responsible for the in person medical care of the patients, as well as working closely with the care and wellness teams to offer the best patient care and improve health outcomes. You will be assisting the senior leadership in designing, running, and scaling the medical component of the medical + wellness centers. Services include primary care, functional medicine, limited acute care, health coaching, and nutrition counseling. You will also be accountable for providing expertise covering a variety of topics ranging from weight loss and disease reversal through lifestyle to longevity and human performance protocols.
As our physician co-leader, you will be accountable for ensuring the center exhibits a palpable culture of excellence focused on quality, member experience, physician and staff engagement, and operational efficiency. You will be responsible for establishing the foundation of high quality, evidence-based medical and wellness guidelines rooted in lifestyle medicine but supportive and respectful of a wide range of treatment modalities. You will partner with senior leadership to assemble and lead a high-performing interdisciplinary team and will lead local efforts to ensure compliance and financial performance of the medical component of the center.
In this role, you must serve as an inclusive leader and team player who inspires staff at all levels, and demonstrates excellent interpersonal qualities that build confidence, trust, and credibility.
Servant leadership is a part of our DNA, and we expect all our leaders to embrace this model of leadership, while exemplifying integrity and compassion for all our members.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
This Physician Co-Lead must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities to demonstrate they can perform the essential functions of the job, along with the physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience driving metrics and business outcomes in a practice setting as it relates to population health management, quality benchmarks, and productivity.
- Experience bridging the gap between the clinical team and the business need (i.e. delivering business outcomes while also driving towards a strong, continuously improving clinical culture).
- Decisive prioritization and demonstrated ability to say no to others.
- Interested in exploring new and innovative approaches to improve health and wellness, including solutions within holistic and eastern medicine.
- Results-oriented and passionate about disruption in the healthcare space through innovation, impact, scale and rapid expansion.
- Exhibit a technology forward mindset, and interested in seeking out new technologies within wearables, testing and diagnostics to push healthcare innovation forward.
- Knowledgeable and committed to delivering supporting holistic services to members.
- Outstanding written and oral communications.
- Familiarity with EMR systems, insurance partnerships and billing.
- Live the values of Lifestyle Medicine.
- Board Certified Physician and Certified in Lifestyle Medicine by ACLM and/or Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) certified practitioner.
- 5+ years experience in a primary care clinic seeing patients, including telehealth experience.
- MD or DO from an accredited institution.
- Current CA license or in the process of obtaining one.
- Preferred management of an organization with multiple clinicians, with oversight over leaders.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to change, is a self-starter, is a critical thinker.
- Has outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (will be required to succeed).
- Models a servant leadership style of working with others.
- Is able to balance that with the need for action and decision-making when necessary.
- Is passionate about the higher purpose and committed to the core values.
- Desires to contribute positively to the LL Culture.
- Able to balance candor with honor and respect.