Nurse Operations Manager (RN or NP)
We are an integrated health and wellness company that makes lasting health and vitality attainable. The company unites the power of nourishing food, evolved medical care, and precision wellness therapies to promote healing, optimization, longevity, and community.
Love.Life’s (L.L) evidenced-based care model focuses on preventing and reversing disease progression and proactively optimizing health by treating the root cause of disease through nutrition and lifestyle changes. Our board-certified physicians practice Lifestyle Medicine as the foundation of care and are influenced by the philosophies of integrative and functional medicine. The company’s goal is to help people live long, healthy and vibrant lives, improving both lifespan and healthspan.
In addition to robust virtual care offerings, L.L’s physical locations will feature a nourishing plant-based restaurant that is open to the public, integrated medical care, fitness and recovery treatments as well as wellness therapies from across the world.
We are a venture-funded, high-growth startup, working in a fast-paced and dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
Responsible for building out the medical center day-to-day operations protocols, process workflows, safety, credentialing, and other needs as determined for the medical center (in-person and virtual). This position will develop, execute and oversee aspects of service delivery, quality assurance, governmental regulations, licensing, regulatory compliance, program policies and practices, assessing and addressing client access, needs, and issues. This role will work with medical professionals to ensure that everything is designed to run smoothly and efficiently, from scheduling appointments to ensuring that equipment is properly maintained.
Partners closely with the Chief Health Officer (CHO) to develop overall care management strategies between physicians, nurses, health coaches and other allied health professionals to offer the best patient care experience and improve clinical outcomes that inform scheduling and workflows. Trains on-site and virtual teams on protocols to the various team members at the medical center. Heavily involved in building out EMR, other systems and related technologies that interface with providers, other health professionals, customers and management reporting. Understands and can ensure insurance billing and revenue cycle management adherence.
Exhibits servant leadership, while exemplifying integrity and compassion, that upholds the company’s mission to reverse and prevent chronic disease through diet and lifestyle with the highest quality of patient-centered care. Supports the foundation of quality, evidence-based medicine guidelines that follow lifestyle medicine values which target patient behaviors foundational to medical care, disease prevention, and health promotion.
Oversees, in partnership with the CHO, the hiring process, onboarding and long-term education and development of providers. Creates protocols that support the culture of excellence focused on clinical quality, patient experience, physician and caregiver engagement, integrated business/clinical operations and intelligence, and efficiency. Partners with the CHO to develop and execute the financial model and deliver financial results of the Medical Center. Serves as an inclusive leader and team player who inspires physicians, nurses and staff at all levels and demonstrates excellent interpersonal qualities that build confidence, trust and credibility. Has the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team of health care providers and support team approach.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
This Nurse Operations Manager must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities to demonstrate they can perform the essential functions of the job, along with the physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledgeable of KPIs and able to monitor systems for the capture of data for providers, patients, and future sales team, and management reporting.
- Prior experience in opening a medical office, familiar with licensing and timelines.
- Managing multi-disciplinary team.
- Optimizing scheduling in medical office environment.
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Prior nurse management experience strongly preferred
- Strong familiarity with EMRs and insurance billing
- Current California RN or NP license in good standing
- Bilingual (Spanish) Preferred
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to change, is a self-starter, is a critical thinker.
- Has outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (will be required to succeed).
- Models a servant leadership style of working with others.
- Is able to balance that with the need for action and decision-making when necessary.
- Is passionate about the higher purpose and committed to the core values.
- Desires to contribute positively to the LL Culture.
- Able to balance candor with honor and respect.