Certification Program Specialist
Certification Program Specialist
Department: Medical Education Curriculum
Supervisor: Manager, Certification
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Travel: 1-2 trips/year. Occasional weekend hours as needed.
The Certification Program Specialist is responsible for leading, implementing, and maintaining IFM Certification Program (IFMCP) projects and activities. In this role, the Certification Program Specialist will collaborate interdepartmentally, with minimal guidance, to interpret the needs and issues relevant to assigned IFMCP projects and activities and recommend appropriate solutions, standards, procedures, and best practices. This position will be responsible for developing and fostering positive relationships with IFMCP candidates and external parties interacting with the IFM Certification Program. Additionally, the Certification Program Specialist will partner with the Manager, Certification to build and support the strategy for future IFMCP certifications and offerings in alignment with IFM’s strategic priorities.
Under the direction of the Manager, Certification, this role is responsible for:
- IFMCP Project Management
- Relationship Management & Process Improvement
IFMCP Project Management
- Responsible for running bi-annual IFMCP testing cohort management; in partnership with the manager, plans, develops, and collaborates cross-departmentally to deliver testing related projects, milestones and external resources; tracks and develops best practices and timelines for future projects.
- In partnership with the manager, plans, implements, and evaluates IFMCP projects from initiation through completion – creates, maintains, and updates project objectives as needed. Responsible for ensuring that all deliverables meet the project requirements as it relates to quality, reliability, and schedule as set by the manager.
- Solves complex problems with defined decision-making authority.
- Responsible for organizing and facilitating meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitates effective collaboration across departments for IFMCP projects.
- Provides assistance with certification program-related issues for IFMCP candidates and practitioners as needed.
Relationship Management & Process Improvement
- Promotes and manages relationships through high quality verbal interactions and written communications with IFM Certified Practitioners, Candidates, Consultants, and other internal/external parties, both domestically and internationally.
- Collaborates with Certification Program Coordinators and across the department to coordinate, develop, plan, and implement clear written material, media, and web content.
- Partners with the supervisor to continually improve IFMCP program materials and communications in collaboration with the Marketing team.
- Responsible for preparing monthly report using program data to increase practitioner engagement during IFM programs
- Supports the maintenance of IFMCP exam questions and associated software.
- Mentors and guides IFMCP candidates through the certification process, relaying information concerning IFMCP to IFM Certified Practitioners and the wider IFM community.
- Responsible for providing support and fostering an understanding of the program, its requirements, and benefits to candidates; Provides guidance to Certification Program Coordinators as needed.
- May approve candidate applications, communicating deficiencies and missing items, as needed.
- Assists in the development and implementation of IFMCP policies and processes.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on IFMCP related issues.
- Acts as a liaison for IFM with IFMCP parties and representatives, clarifying needs and requirements with a professional degree of discernment, while in person, over the phone, and via email.
- Supports and contributes to the overall planning, development, and implementation of the IFMCP strategic goal(s).
- Adjusts to changing priorities and responsibilities as project demands and program demands grow and develop.
- This role may perform duties not listed in the essential functions, but which are essential to the Certification Program Specialist.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Education, Experiences, Licenses, Certificates:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience a plus!
- 2-4 years’ experience managing multiple, complex projects.
- 2-4 years’ experience resolving and providing solutions in a customer service environment.
- 2 years’ experience in admissions/credentialing a plus!
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, product, service, or area of customer service specialization.
- Expertise with MS Office Suite; Willingness and ability to adapt to new technologies and software.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must able to communicate large amounts of information into concise, actionable language over the phone, in person, and via email – and across multiple geographical locations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrates a service-oriented attitude.
- Must be able to build and maintain relationships with external parties.
- Must be able to both work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to be self-directed with work activities, assess current status, anticipate obstacles and challenges, and recommend changes and improvements.
- Must be able to inquire for clarification as appropriate.
- Must be able to make decisions guided by policies, procedures, and business plans, and to inquire for clarification as appropriate.
At IFM we believe most skills are acquired, not required. With a willingness to learn and a motivation for success, you can be a star applicant!
What’s In It for You?
• Paid medical, dental and vision insurance (dependent coverage offered at a competitive monthly premium)!
• Paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance!
• Competitive vacation and sick leave!
• Monthly work-from-home stipend!
• 401(k) with generous contribution!
• 11 paid holidays and 3 personal days annually!
• Meeting-free Tuesday afternoons!
• Annual wellness stipend!
• Department budgeted job skills training!
• Funds to put towards a personal development opportunity!
• Complimentary registration to IFM’s educational programs!
Get to Know Us
The team at IFM is changing the way medicine is practiced and transforming the health (and lives) of millions of people around the world. Every single day, our teammates impact the quality of patient care through their unique roles that support the mission of our organization!
IFM has made it our mission to educate our employees on the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. It is our goal is to create a culture of belonging rooted in recognition, expression, and valuing our team members’ voices.
Although a remote workforce, we believe in the importance of personal connections to build positive and collaborative working relationships. These connections are fostered through virtual team events, intentional development opportunities, and thoughtful benefits geared to support employees in their home offices. You can find members of IFM’s team in 26 states across the US!
Interested? Our team is hungry and inspired and we want you to be too. Strive to grow with us!
1. You see this job posting, it piques your interest, and you apply!
2. A member of our HR team reaches out to you to schedule an introductory phone screen.
3. The hiring manager selects candidates (and possibly you!) to move forward with a virtual video interview and meet with members of the team.
4. Our team is highly collaborative, and we want to ensure that you have a chance to interact with and meet our amazing team. So, bear with us, our interview process is subject to our team’s availability but rest assured, we are actively working to schedule your interview(s).
5. We look forward to meeting you!
If you have any questions about your candidacy, please direct all questions to a member of the Human Resources Department so we can best respond to your inquiry!
During the recruitment process, candidates must ensure that they are interviewing from a location that has the necessary connectivity to the internet to facilitate effective interview participation.
To ensure that you have a positive experience attending your interview, please verify that your internet connectivity provides a minimum of 5 Megabits per second (Mbps) in upload speed. Please be mindful that should you have multiple devices accessing your network, it is recommended that your wireless speed accommodates the usage needs of these devices.
Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to request the connectivity information directly. If your ISP is not able to provide you with that information, visit www.speedtest.net to perform a speed test on your device.
Wireless Technology Minimums
Your wireless router must be able to broadcast at the same speed as your upload speed, if not higher.
Wireless routers can broadcast at over 1 Gigabit per second (Gbps), and many companies don’t upgrade your router when you upgrade service. This often means that your wireless speeds are significantly lower than the upload speed that is available to you.
Should you receive an offer of employment, internet connectivity minimums as described above remain the same for the duration of the employment relationship.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Institute for Functional Medicine, IFM, is a federal government contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. IFM invites all applicants to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and/or veteran status. As such, IFM invites you to voluntarily self-identify as a qualified individual, if applicable using the Voluntary EEO Form.
If you need accommodations during the interview process, please inform the Human Resources representative as soon as possible. IFM will make every effort to provide a reasonable accommodation(s) during the interview and hiring process.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Completion of this information is voluntary and as such, adverse action will not be taken should you decide to not self-identify. The information you submit will be kept confidential.
Applicants Rights under Federal Employment Laws
EPPA: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppac.pdf« Back