Integrative/Functional/Holistic Family Medicine Physician (MD/DO) (Flexible 0.75 – 0.90 FTE) – Hennepin Healthcare
Could this be the Family Medicine practice you’ve been waiting for? Join 3 physicians who find joy in practicing holistic, integrative and functional primary care medicine within a Family Medicine residency-based clinic in Minneapolis since 2010. Along with 1:1 patient care visits in the clinic and virtually, we provide group medical visits, teach residents, and administer the Integrative Medicine in Residency curriculum from the Weil Center for Integrative Medicine.
This is a clinical and teaching position. (Hospital work/ call is optional.) There is an extensive Integrative Health Program in this organization with whom we collaborate on grants, programs, training and growth of a whole person model of healthcare.
The residency home is at the Whittier Clinic – part of Hennepin Healthcare – a public, integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center. The Family Medicine Department physicians provide primary care services at 7 clinic locations in Minneapolis and surrounding suburban communities. Integrative Health primary care, and all the Hennepin Healthcare clinics, serve an ethnically and economically diverse patient population. Check out the links below to get a taste of what we do.
We are currently offering:
- Flexibility – 0.75 – 0.90 FTE position
- Integrative Health Team Center and Group Visit space
- In-person primarily, with virtual care options, group medical visits with EPIC and Care Everywhere
- Infrastructure includes clinical support for primary care providers including onsite lab services, pharmacy, radiology, diabetes educator, social work, community health workers, psychologist, chiropractor, acupuncturist and nutritionist
- Opportunity to participate in Lifestyle Medicine selective with first year residents and Wellness with all residents
- Opportunity to teach broad scope of family medicine including evidence-informed integrative and functional/lifestyle medicine
- Opportunity for resident advising
- Opportunity to contribute to provider well-being
- Competitive salary and generous benefits package
- Must possess a current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Minnesota or be eligible for licensure
- Board certified in Family Medicine
- Current DEA Certificate or be eligible for certificate
- Certified by Institute for Functional Medicine or Fellowship trained in Integrative Medicine (ABOIM boarded or eligible). Will consider status of being “in training” for any of the above.
Along with your completed application, please upload a CV, letter of interest and 3 references.
If you have questions prior to applying, please email Laura Hood (Recruiter) at Laura.Hood@hcmed.org
Hennepin Healthcare is a subsidiary corporation of Hennepin County. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 473-bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics throughout Hennepin County. We partner with our community, our patients, and their families to ensure access to outstanding care for everyone while improving health and wellness through teaching, patient and community education, and research. Learn more here.
We believe equity is essential for optimal health outcomes and are committed to achieve optimal health for all by actively eliminating barriers due to racism, poverty, gender identity, and other determinants of health. We are deeply committed to the goals of health equity and antiracism by teaching and working in an environment characterized by celebrating diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. Applicants from diverse backgrounds or historically under-resourced communities are especially encouraged to apply.
You’ve made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. Build a career with an organization that’s here for the community, transforming health and providing exceptional care with compassion. We offer great benefits, competitive salary, friendly and collaborative colleagues, and an opportunity to make a real difference. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements. Positions at Hennepin Healthcare are credentialed through the Office of the Medical Staff according to their policies.
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, Hennepin Healthcare is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.« Back