Functional Medicine Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
AustinMD is seeking to expand our providers and add another PA/NP to our team to support our growing patient base. At AustinMD, we strive to help every person identify the root causes of their illness. By implementing the principles of functional medicine and utilizing cutting-edge advanced lab testing, we help our clients optimize their internal and external wellbeing.
Our foundations are based on functional medicine. Rather than treating the effects or symptoms of illness, functional medicine involves finding the root of the problem and focuses on preventing health issues through nutrition, stress relief, exercise, weight loss, hormone replacement and supplements.
Join our amazing team of Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Pharmacist, MA, IV nurse and a Nurse injector!
- Complete daily patient visits
- Order and interpret diagnostic testing as needed
- Diagnose patients and develop treatment plans
- Accurately chart a patient treatment plan
- Patient education on the foundational elements of wellness (nutrition, sleep, movement, stress management, detoxification)
- Speaking to groups/organizations about Functional Medicine and our offerings
- Contractor pay
- Licensed in TX as an, FNP, or PA, with Valid DEA number.
- Certified in Functional, Integrative and/or Anti-Aging Medicine
- 3+ years of clinical experience in Functional, Integrative and/or Anti-Aging Medicine
- 3+ year’s experience in Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Familiarity with functional medicine lab testing (blood, saliva, stool, urine, breath, etc.).
- Efficiency is essential, with strong documentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; self-directed, able to work independently, enthusiastic, and flexible.
- Superior analytical skills in determining best treatment plans
- Reliability and trustworthiness
- Ability to collaborate with team members
- Optimistic and willing to learn
- Thrives in a progressive environment that integrates the latest medical advancements
- Work life balance: 4-day work week, while Working in a brand-new facility.
- Flexible schedule and easy to use EMR system (Cerbo)
- Low patient volume and longer patient visits (60 minutes for new patients and 30-45 minutes for follow-up).
- Awesome staff with high patient centered expectations. We enjoy working together to provide exceptional patient care.
- Center boasts an intravenous nutrient suite including IV Ozone, access to a broad range of function medicine testing, and medical aesthetics.
- Services provided at wholesale cost for employees and contractors.
- CME, malpractice, licensing fees provided after 90 days.
- Health insurance, PTO and 401 K plan offered after 1 year.