Tick-Borne Illness Center of Excellence – Physician (MD/DO) – Northcentral Wisconsin
Aspirus Health is seeking an Internal Medicine or Family Medicine physician to join our Tick-Borne Illness Center of Excellence in Woodruff, Wisconsin. This innovative center is the first diagnostic and treatment center of its kind in the Midwest and serves patients from Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, and Illinois.
THE MISSION OF THIS CENTER IS TO BE A PLACE:
- Where patients who believe they may have a tick-borne illness can be effectively diagnosed and treated.
- Where patients who have been suffering from an undiagnosed illness can receive a clear plan for treatment and follow-up care.
- Where patients can participate in research to improve the ability to diagnose, treat, and cure tick-borne illnesses.
- To connect with other clinicians and researchers to share information and findings, a place where collaboration is the norm.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has an open mind and passion for the management of patients with tick-borne illnesses.
- Possesses patience, empathy, and complex problem-solving skills with the ability to continually learn from experiences.
- Finds fulfillment in knowledge that patients who had given up hope are able to once again become hopeful of a return to health through their efforts and expertise.
- Is board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine with an interest in a focused scope of practice to treat patients suffering from tick-borne illness.
- Resources and support for following ILADs guidelines.
- Hours are from 8:00AM-5:00PM Monday through Friday with no nights, weekends, holidays or call requirements.
- Generous appointment lengths allow physician to spend valuable time with patients to manage the complex care unique to tick-borne illness.
- The Center has an experienced, tick-borne illness-focused nurse practitioner and MA support.
- The Center is supported by passionate and engaged donors through the Howard Young Foundation and networks with leading experts providing tick-borne illness research opportunities.
- Live and work in the beautiful Northwoods of Wisconsin surrounded by lakes, hiking trails, and endless outdoor opportunities throughout all four seasons.
- Local wildlife parks, waterfalls, eclectic shopping districts, and hundreds of lakes all within one hour.
BENEFITS: Competitive benefits and generous compensation package including relocation assistance, student loan repayment program, annual CME allowance, and a sign-on bonus.