Physician (MD/DO) for Tick-Borne Illness Center – Woodruff, Wisconsin
Aspirus Health is seeking a BC/BE Internal Medicine Physician to be the Medical Director of our Tick-Borne Illness Center in Woodruff, Wisconsin. This facility is the first of its kind in the Midwest, and the only diagnosis and treatment facility of its kind within 1,200 miles of Wisconsin
THE MISSION OF THE CENTER IS TO BE:
1. A place where people who believe they may have a tick-borne illness can be effectively diagnosed and treated.
2. A place where patients who have been suffering for a long time from what they believe to be a tick-borne illness can receive effective diagnosis and treatment. These are the patients who are referred to as “Chronic Lyme” or “Post-Lyme Disease Syndrome”.
3. A place where patients can participate in research being done to improve the ability to diagnose and treat tick-borne illnesses.
4. A place that connects with other clinicians and researchers to share information and findings. A place where collaboration is the norm.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
1. Will have an open-minded attitude toward the management of patients with chronic tick-borne illnesses.
2. Will recognize that the majority of patients have multiple polymicrobial infections that are all introduced at the time of a deer tick blood meal. This mix of pathogens is responsible for the development and perpetuation of a myriad of signs and symptoms, the most common being Chronic Fatigue, fractured nonrestorative sleep, cognitive impairment, mood disorders and autonomic dysfunction.
3. Requires patience, empathy and complex problem-solving skills with the ability to continually learn from experiences.
4. Finds fulfillment in the knowledge that patients who had given up hope are able to once again become hopeful of a return to health through their efforts and expertise.
1. Assist and treat patients who have been suffering from undiagnosed illnesses.
2. Clinic hours are from 8:00-4:30 Monday thru Friday
3. There are no night or weekend call hours
1. Live and work in the beautiful Northwoods of Wisconsin surrounded by lakes, hiking trails, and endless outdoor opportunities throughout all four seasons.
2. Take a day trip to visit local wildlife parks, waterfalls, and eclectic shopping districts.
BENEFITS: Standard benefits including relocation assistance, CME support, and potential for loan repayment and signing bonus.« Back