Functional Medicine Physician MD for Health Optimization Practice
Functional Medicine Physician, MD
8 West Cosmetic Surgery & Skin Clinic
300-1788 West Broadway, Vancouver B.C
We are a progressive, well established and multi-specialty medical practice, our exciting and innovative approach to health optimization is transforming the delivery of patient care. We offer a comprehensive set of personalized health programs, designed specifically for our unique practice that utilize both advanced integrative and functional approaches.
The right candidate is devoted to empowering and supporting patients to become active agents in their own health—promoting the health care philosophy that incorporates innovative wellness programs for a diverse group of people.
They should display an appreciation for the “medical big picture”, have a functional medicine approach, and a whole-person approach to Health. They should question the traditional medical practice behaviors and be willing to help mold a medical paradigm shift. The MD will assume the vital role of comprehensive patient care, teaching, mentoring, and inspiring its support staff—all while ensuring quality outcomes and accountability. While advanced training and certification in functional medicine is a big advantage, an internal training program is available for the right candidate.
This Position Offers:
- Support staff to include patient care coordinators and health coaches
- Full support of long established operations and business systems including human resource management, finance and accounting, IT, marketing and facilities management
- Excellent benefits package + competitive compensation
- Career growth with a successful and growing organization
- A rewarding, team based work environment in a multi specialty practice in state of the art facilities
- Ongoing training
Duties and Responsibilities
The MD will assist in data analysis and collaborate with the Medical Director in monitoring of clinical programs and developing concrete solutions to ensure the continued delivery of excellent medical care.
- Provide patient care from a Functional Medicine perspective by interviewing, assessing, and treating clinical patients, meeting their medical needs and improving their quality of life
- Providing comprehensive medical services for patients on a continuing basis
- Consult with the Medical Director and other professionals on staff as needed regarding patient care, assessment and education issues
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity, decision-making abilities, and work flexibility
- Provides guidance and leadership for medical performance guidelines and programs
- Working closely with Team members to optimize the patient care experience
- Follow organizational policies and protocols
- Provide mentorship and/or coaching to nutritionist, health coach, and other clinicians
- Participate in utilization, research, and quality activities within the practice setting
- Participate in the recruiting, onboarding, training and credentialing processes
- Supports medical documentation and care planning
- Ensures compliance with policy and regulatory requirements
- Maintains a consistent level of quality patient care
- Analyzing reports and findings of tests and examination, and diagnosing condition of patient
- Referring patients to specialists when necessary for the patient’s well-being
- Working collaboratively and cooperatively with colleagues
Specific Characteristics and Skills Required
- Whole-person views of health; combining health and wellness looking at how all life factors influence health
- A Warm demeanor and kind and attentive ethos that you bring to building relationships
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse team members, and patients
- Energetic and positive outlook on life
- Superior communications skills, emotional intelligence, and the ability to function in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong leadership talents and works well in a team-based environment
- Is an experienced and organized multi-tasker
- Exceptional research and writing skills
- Must be willing to constantly challenge the status quo clinical and operationally
- Is an effective and persuasive communicator who is comfortable speaking with all levels of a practice administration team and medical staff
- Excellent reputation as a clinician with strong diagnostic skills and a calm and rational approach to problem solving.
- Possess a willingness to look at the patient in a comprehensive fashion and promote the customer service aspect of the patient medical encounter
To be considered for this position, the MD has at least 3-5 years of professional experience in a medical practice setting. Additionally, the candidate must be board-certified with an active license in Canada. A background in Functional Medicine, Integrative Medicine and/or Hormonal Medicine is highly desirable but not required.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com« Back