Integrative Medical Clinic of North Carolina Integrative Nurse
The Integrative Nurse role at IMCNC is central to and vital for the success and mission of IMCNC. As with all staff members of IMCNC, it is expected that the role of the Integrative Nurse is one in which the he or she strives at all times to be holistic, empathetic and efficient.
The Integrative Nurse will be expected to perform the following while working at IMCNC:
- Wear appropriate professional outpatient medical clinic attire
- Exude a welcoming, caring and professional demeanor at all times with all involved with an untiring positive demeanor and attitude that “the customer is always right” and “every problem can be fixed efficiently and effectively”
- Ensure effective and efficient daily operations of the business at all clinical levels
- Demonstrate consistent and effective leadership skills, including critical thinking, conflict management and resolution, negotiation, motivation, personnel development and fostering of team building
- Effectively and efficiently manage clinical duties, inspire confidence and motivation; clearly define expectations, and maintain personal effectiveness under pressure.
- Serve as main liaison for patients between providers.
- Maintain clinic standards in keeping with regulatory agencies to comply with HIPPA, OSHA, HAZMAT, security, emergency preparedness and infection control
- Learn and use the IMCNC electronic medical record and practice management system
- Research and propose at least two innovative practice ideas annually for serious consideration by IMCNC physician-owners to be implemented at IMCNC in accordance with the mission of IMCNC
- Maintain open and direct communication with IMCNC leadership regarding job satisfaction and room for improvement recommendations regarding staff and operations
- Maintain proficiency in all electronic applications related to a 21st century medical practice
- Work to avoid unnecessary environmental waste within IMCNC through minimization of all paper products, including paper charts and paper records.
- Answer all patient questions that come to phones asking for providers to help with answering questions when needed.
- Keep up with all portal messages
- Look at all labs that come in for emergent/urgent concerns and bring those up to providers directly
- Be friendly and efficient
- Coach patients through nutrition or supplement or medications questions if possible
- Treat all patients and providers and staff with kind, warm, respectful approach
- Write letters for school or work excuses, fill out medical forms, appeal for medical necessity letters (ie- GI path medically necessary letter to Blue Cross Blue shield)
- Fill in all prior authorizations and appeals for insurance approvals.
1. Registered nurse licensed in North Carolina
2. Knowledge of standard office machinery including computer systems and applications
3. Possesses good grammatical and business communication skills
4. Experience with ICD-10 and CPT coding and how it affects reimbursement from third party payers
5. Previous nursing experience in an Integrative or Holistic or Functional Medical Clinic preferred.
6. Ability to lift, carry, push and pull up to 25 pounds