Integrative and Functional Medicine Medical Doctor, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician Assistant
Temecula Center for Integrative Medicine (TCIM) is looking for an experienced MD, NP or PA to join our clinic.
We prefer 2 years of Functional Medicine knowledge and experience.
TCIM is an insurance based medical practice of integrative functional medicine, blending conventional western medicine with nutritional and alternative medicine to help patients heal from disease and illness. It is a progressive, cutting edge Integrative Clinic composed of 5 Medical Practitioners, 2 Lifestyle Educations, 5 Massage Therapists, 2 Chiropractors and Acupuncturist. We also have 5 IV nurses who run our IV nutritional therapies.
This is a unique opportunity to step into a well established integrative clinic with experienced practitioners in functional medicine, homeopathy, botanical medicine, TCM and Ayurvedic medicine.
Benefits include: PTO, CME days, CME budget, Matching Retirement Plan, Medical Insurance
In this role, you will promote and maintain health by providing medical services. This includes engaging patient interactive skills coupled with the ability to quickly establish trust, rapport and relationship building (e.g. empathic listener, partner in problem solving) for positive patient outcomes in achieving their immediate and long-term health goals. If you have a strong interest in health, exercise or fitness, have outstanding people skills, a friendly and welcoming demeanor, professional appearance, energy, creativity, and strong organizational skills then this job could be for you.
If you are ready to be a contributor to the medicine of the future, please send us your resume and cover letter that details your experience and thoughts for where you want to go in your practice for consideration.
Applicants must possess a valid California medical license , a valid California DEA license, and BLS
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients
- Implement physician directives.
- Document patient care services by charting in patient records (eClinicalWorks)
- Instructs and counsels patients by providing normal growth and development information and providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living.
- Promote wellness and health maintenance.
- Provide continuity of care by developing and implementing patient-management plans.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; and enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What you’ll need:
- 2-3 Years of working experience with preferred 2 year minimum in Integrative/Functional Medicine
- IFM Certified Practitioner preferred but not required
- Current Licensure to practice in California
- Excellent communication skills
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Clinical skills
- Medical teamwork
- Physiological knowledge
- Bedside manner
- Administering medication
- Physical requirements/working conditions:
- Stands and walks more than half of each day
- Stands and walks to other stations and departments throughout the day
- Uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment most of the day
- May assist patients with sitting, standing and walking to and from exam rooms
- Requires frequent bending, reaching, repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting
- Potential for exposure to communicable diseases and/or blood borne pathogens
- Exposed to noise levels typical of office environments
- Mental and reasoning requirements:
- Uses critical thinking skills to work with documents and spreadsheets and interpret information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Able to review quantitative and qualitative work and identify questionable items
- Expert problem-solving and data-analysis skills
- Able to set goals based on available information and to plan work in order to meet deadlines
- Able to formulate appropriate responses to requests for data, services and information from internal or external customers with a wide range of personalities and demeanors