We are seeking a passionate, experienced physician who is grounded in traditional medicine but who also employs a holistic approach to patient care and wants to participate in an innovative, transformative model of Integrative Care with the intentions of collaborating with a team of like-minded healthcare professionals. The successful candidate will participate in the development of this innovative, high-tech/high-touch patient-centered care model.
The ideal candidate for our Integrative Specialty Care practice is:
- A current board certified MD or DO.
- Experienced with at least 3-5 years of practice in integrative medicine preferred
- Knowledgeable, aware, and experienced in integrative healthcare, including, but not limited to, herbal and natural medicines, acupuncture, functional medicine, osteopathy and/or other manual therapies or mind body techniques.
In addition, we are looking for a candidate with one of the following:
- ABPS Recognized Integrative Medicine Fellowship, OR
- Certified Metabolic Medicine Institute (MMI/A4M) Fellowship in Metabolic and Nutrition Medicine, OR
- Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) Certified Practitioner Training Program, OR
- Functional Medicine University Training Program
We are also seeking someone who is:
- Strongly aligned with the IHH’s vision of “Healing People and Transforming
Healthcare” from within the structure of a leading healthcare system
- An excellent leader and communicator
- Skilled and experienced with team-based care
- Self-directed, compassionate, creative, enthusiastic, adaptable, and flexible.
- Able to engage patients in owning their personal health and healing and supporting behavioral changes
- Committed to on-going program development, and to practice growth and expansion
LOCATION OF JOB:
Within the Sacramento Valley region
- 0.8 – 1.0 FTE position
- Be comfortable interpreting and managing functional lab testing (e.g. functional stool testing, hormonal testing, nutrient and metabolic testing, food sensitivity testing, etc.)
- Be comfortable prescribing therapeutic supplements, hormones, and medications relevant to a functional medicine practice
- Be comfortable managing patients in a team setting
- Be ready to learn about the various services provided at the IHH, Sacramento Valley Region, and know when to recommend
- Be prepared to learn about all the supplements and protocols that have been created at the IHH, Sacramento Valley Region, and know when and how to recommend them
The IHH was founded in 1990 at California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco,
and opened California’s first state-accredited integrative medicine clinic in 1997.
The IHH is a nationally-renowned integrative medicine program with programs offered in San Francisco, Marin, Santa Rosa, Sacramento, and Roseville.
Michelle Pedler, Physician Recruiter
Sutter Health, Sacramento Sierra Region
2750 Gateway Oaks Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95833
Phone- (800) 650-0625