Integrative Medicine (MD/DO) Opportunity in Sacramento, CA – Generous Compensation + 401(k) Match
Sutter Medical Group (SMG) is seeking an Integrative Medicine Physician to join our team in Sacramento, CA.
We are seeking a passionate, experienced physician who is grounded in traditional medicine but who also employs a holistic approach to patient care and wants to participate in an innovative, transformative model of Integrative Care with the intention of collaborating with a team of like-minded healthcare professionals. The successful candidate will participate in the development of this innovative, high-tech/high-touch patient-centered care model.
The ideal candidate for our Integrative Specialty Care practice is:
- Strongly aligned with the IHH’s vision of healing people and transforming healthcare from within the structure of a leading healthcare system.
- Board Certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine, or, in Integrative Medicine through the ABPS (American Board of Physician Specialties).
- Experienced with at least 3-5 years of practice in integrative medicine preferred.
- Knowledgeable, aware, and experienced in an area of integrative healthcare; including, but not limited to, herbal and natural medicines, acupuncture, functional medicine, osteopathy and/or other manual therapies, and mind-body medicine practices.
- Excellent leader and communicator.
- Skilled and experienced with team-based care.
- Self-directed; compassionate, creative, enthusiastic, adaptable, and flexible.
- Skilled in Motivational Interviewing and able to engage patients in embracing responsibility for their personal health and healing, and in supporting patients’ behavioral change.
- Committed to ongoing program development, and practice growth and expansion.
- Experienced in practicing integrative medicine in either a specialty setting or in primary care.
Completion of any of the following training programs is required:
- ABPS Recognized Integrative Medicine Fellowship through the Academic Consortium for Integrative Medicine & Health
- Metabolic Medicine Institute (MMI/A4M) Fellowship in Metabolic and Nutrition Medicine
- Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) Certified Practitioner Training Program
- 1.0 FTE position (with room for negotiation).
- Be comfortable interpreting and managing functional lab testing (e.g. functional stool testing, hormonal testing, nutrient, and metabolic testing, food sensitivity testing, etc.).
- Be comfortable prescribing therapeutic supplements, hormones, and medications relevant to a functional medicine practice.
- Be comfortable managing patients in a team setting.
- Be ready to learn about the various services provided at the IHH, Sacramento Valley Region, and know when to recommend them.
- Be prepared to learn about all the supplements and protocols that have been created at the IHH, Sacramento Valley Region, and know when and how to recommend them.
Medical Group Information:
Sutter Medical Group is a successful, 1,100+ member multi-specialty group offering physicians the opportunity to build their practices within a progressive, financially sound, and collaborative organization. SMG is recognized as a Top Performing Physician Group by the Integrated Healthcare Association. Our members are dedicated to providing the highest quality and most complete health care possible to the people in the communities we serve in the greater Sacramento Valley Area of Amador, Placer, Sacramento, Solano, and Yolo Counties.
Join us and enjoy:
- Generous compensation
- Relocation allowance
- Income guarantee with shareholder track
- Full benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) matching
- CME allowance
- Paid time off benefits (vacation, holiday, etc.)
- Robust retirement program
- A positive work-life balance and Northern California’s natural beauty and lifestyle
Our competitive benefits package provides our team and their families with the tools they need to stay healthy, inside and out. Depending on your tenure and position, our benefits package may vary.
Sacramento, the state capital of California, is the core cultural and economic engine of a four-county metropolitan area exceeding 2.1 million residents. Sacramento is the seventh most populous city in California. Greater Sacramento has been cited as one of the five most livable regions in America.
The city offers a wealth of cultural diversity and great activities, including museums, parks, and historical sites. Sacramento has close access to fabulous lakes and rivers, snow sports, and beautiful trails for running, hiking, biking, etc. Whether honoring its Gold Rush beginnings in Old Sacramento or cheering on its professional basketball team, the Sacramento Kings, or its minor league baseball club, the Sacramento River Cats, the city celebrates its past and present.
Centrally located, it is an hour and a half from the mountains of Lake Tahoe or the bay of San Francisco. For the wine connoisseur, scenic Napa Valley is just a short drive away.
Alex Alvarez, Physician Recruiter
Sutter Health Valley Area
Reference Job Number: 2022-Ce42 – IHH