Are you a passionate and experienced leader in Nutrition, Wellness and Functional Medicine? We are looking for a Manager to lead our Nutrition and Healthy Living Programs team here at SAS.
At our on-site Health Care Center (HCC), we have three Registered Dietitian/Nutritionists (RDNs) on staff to partner with employees and their families to help personalize nutrition and have it work in their favor. Additionally, our team assists with a full range of nutritional needs and concerns including: food allergies and intolerances, heart health, sports nutrition, weight management, diabetes, and so much more.
The Manager, Nutrition and Healthy Living Programs position will report directly to our Chief Health Officer. This role is critical to driving success in our HCC and company-wide Healthy Lliving programs.
- Manage assigned staff. Effectively and regularly communicate company policies, business goals, nutrition program goals and performance feedback with direct reports. Mentor and provide regular feedback to nutrition staff regarding performance.
- Annually assess the SAS community to determine nutrition program needs and identify underserved populations. Develop, coordinate and implement an annual nutrition program plan based on the assessment.
- Manage Healthy Living Programming – determine topics, vet speakers and invite speakers for Healthy Living Events and seminars
- Provide ongoing program evaluation to measure effectiveness.
- Lead the Healthy Living Events Team meetings.
- Develop and recommend budgets for the Nutrition and Healthy Living Programs to the Chief Health Officer.
- Provide preventive and functional medicine therapeutic nutrition therapy for patients with chronic illnesses and other conditions.
- Summarize nutrition consultations and document in the Functional Medicine Matrix format in the electronic health record.
- Contribute nutrition articles, blog posts, video vignettes and other appropriate information to the HCC nutrition web pages, and company intranet.
- Prepare and present nutrition seminars.
- Perform metabolic testing for clients when appropriate to determine resting metabolic rate (RMR) and total energy expenditure (TEE).
- Develop education curriculums for Nutrition and Healthy Living courses.
- Maintain certification as a HeartMath Biofeedback Instructor and teach at least one 7-week HCC Biofeedback course per year.
- Perform nutrition consults and document in the electronic health record.
- Update HCC providers and nutrition staffon nutrition protocols and evidence-based research.
- Act as a resource for HCC providers.
- Stay abreast of the latest evidence-based nutrition research and therapies.
- Use evidence-based nutrition practices and protocols when developing nutritioin care plans and when counseling patients.
- Serve on selected internal and interdepartmental committees.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Master’s or higher level degree in Nutrition and Dietetics
- 5 years of experience as an RDN
- North Carolina license or licensure-eligible as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
- Excellent public speaking, writing, blogging, editing and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership skills. Ability to lead a team of nutrition and administrative professionals.
- Ability to provide nutrition therapy to individuals and families of all ages.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition or Health Related Field
- Advanced Clinical Training in Functional Medicine and Nutrition through accredited venues (Institute for Functional Medicine [IFM], Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine [DIFM], Integrative and Functional Medicine Nutrition Training [IFMNT])
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership/management role; or leadership/management training
- 2+ years of experience in public health nutrition or health promotion/disease prevention program planning
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.