Personalized Lifestyle Medicine Center (PLMC) is seeking a Life-style Educator to join our team!
PLMC is a state-of-the art medical clinic which includes a research laboratory, and provides a personalized functional and lifestyle medicine approach to patient care. PLMC is a shared vision of Jeffrey Bland, PhD, Joseph Lamb, MD and Metagenics CEO Brent Eck. You can find the press release regarding the opening of PLMC here.
The Life-style Educator is responsible for patient education regarding nutritional and lifestyle changes. The role requires coaching patients to promote healthier lifestyle practices and/or specific health related goals prescribed by applicable physician/clinician staff. The Life-style Educator is tasked with addressing each patient’s needs based on prescribing physician recommendations.
- Health Coaching Certification required
- Metagenics FLT Certification preferred
- 1-2 years in a medical office; familiarity with medical terminology preferred
- Associate’s degree mandatory; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience with EMR desired, preferred MediTouch/NextGen
- Ability to use critical thinking skills, work independently and react quickly to changing priorities
This is a full time position and offers a competitive salary and benefits package. To review the complete job description for this position click here.