Functional Medicine Practitioner (MD/DO, NP, PA) | 100% Telemedicine, Work from Home!
Job Type: Virtual. Part-time to start, with patient load increasing with experience.
*** Must have patient experience working as a Functional Medicine Nurse Practitioner to apply. ***
About the Company:
Dr. David Morcom and his team are practitioners of Functional Medicine at Integrative Wellness Fx, where they fuse the newest research in herbs, advanced diagnostics, nutrition, mindfulness, and lifestyle medicine. Functional Medicine is an evolution in the practice of medicine that better addresses the health care needs of the 21st century by shifting the traditional disease-centered focus that treats symptoms with conventional medical practices, such as surgery and prescriptions, to a patient-centered approach that looks at all aspects of the well-being of an individual by supporting their mind, body, and spirit.
Our specialized approach supports the individual in healing from a variety of chronic, stubborn, and mysterious health conditions that other modalities fail to alleviate:
- SIBO, Candida, Parasites and Dysbiosis
- Digestive Disorders (IBS/IBD, Chronic Constipation, Reflux)
- Leaky Gut and Food Sensitivities
- Autoimmunity, Allergies, and Hashimoto’s
- Depression, Anxiety, Addiction, and Sleep Disorders
- Detoxification, Heavy Metals, and Mold Illness
- Adrenal Fatigue and Thyroid Dysfunction
- Genetic Testing and MTHFR
- Hormone Balance, Menopause, and Andropause
- Biohacking and Supplement Regimen Customization
- Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, and Chronic Pain/Fatigue
- Lifestyle and Diet Education
- Hypertension, Metabolic Syndrome, and Diabetes
- Stress Reduction and Emotional Freedom Technique
- Nutritional Analysis
- Stool, Allergy, Saliva, and Hormone Testing
Full Job Description:
Integrative Wellness Fx is currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner for our Functional Medicine Telemedicine Clinic. Experience in primary care and education/certification in functional medicine is mandatory and actual experience working in the Functional Medicine field directly with clients is paramount. We highly encourage that our ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Once hired, if you do not have your Texas license, we will support you in securing your Texas license, as a good portion of our patients reside in this state.
- Develop care plans with doctors and health coaches
- Assess patients’ emotional, mental, and spiritual needs
- Facilitate recovery plans and health maintenance routines
- Integrate herbal therapy
- Assess patients and diagnose illnesses
- Order and interpret labs
- Document patients’ medical history
- Prescribe medications, hormones, and functional medicine treatments=
- Incorporate holistic principles into standard of care
- Think independently to creatively apply natural health to patient cases
- Be comfortable investigating and resolving complicated health issues
- Be able to easily communicate how you add value to your patients’ lives
- Be independently motivated to stay productive
- Develop customized written treatment plans for patients
- Effectively use cloud-based software systems
- Be comfortable discussing payment and money with patients
- Complete charts in a way that allows other providers to easily understand the fundamentals of the patient case
- Be comfortable collaborating with a healthcare team
- Know or learn medicinal plants and herbal medicines
- Be an empathetic listener who can easily develop trust and rapport with patients
- Know or learn how to implement/diagnose using advanced functional medicine lab testing (comprehensive GI panels, nutrient panels, hormone panels, etc.)
- Condense complex concepts into easily understood ideas for patients and the care team
- A Nurse Practitioner licensed in the state of Texas. Open to applicants from other areas since the position is 100% telemedicine, allowing you to work from the convenience of home. Texas licensing is required to serve our patients.
- Certification in Functional Medicine. I am not looking for a master-level practitioner necessarily, but would like anyone applying to have the education and clinical experience to hit the ground running to see patients independently without excessive guidance due to my time limitations. It is best that the applicant has at least 2-3 years working experience in a Functional Medicine practice and have many hours of seeing patients before applying.
- Technologically savvy: All appointments are done remotely via telemedicine. At Integrative Wellness Rx we harness the newest technologies to optimize patient outcomes.
- Work from the convenience of home and make your own schedule. Part-time is guaranteed initially, and if you are a good fit, more patients will be sent to you to fill your schedule.
- Keep a high percentage of your consultation fee and supplement income even at the start, with increased percentage incentives based on volume. Using telemedicine allows us to have lower overhead, allowing for practitioners to keep a bigger share of their earnings from the beginning.
- Build passive income through continued supplement refills paid monthly.
- Receive admin support for scheduling, labs, supplement orders, and any other support you need.
- Everything is taken care of so you can focus on the clinical side of patient care.
- Marketing Support: My professional team will make sure your schedule stays as full as you prefer. We will make announcements to our newsletter list to over 7,000 patients. Opportunities for blog/podcast contributions.
- Get additional on-job training, weekly patient reviews, and guidance overall on how to manage patient care.
- Access to a state-of-the-art EMR system that has been highly customized. You will be taught how to use what has already been created to make patient care quick, easy, and highly detailed.
- No worries about business management, allowing you as the practitioner to focus on what you do best: helping people heal!
How to Apply:
If interested, please send your résumé and answer the following questions at least briefly in the resume or in a separate cover letter:
- What certifications/education do you have within the Integrative/Functional Medicine Field?
- What is your clinical experience within this field? How many patients have you seen in the last year?
- How comfortable are you working independently with patients with complex chronic diseases? How much support would you need for optimal patient care?
May the right person read this for mutual benefit so we can serve at the highest level to bring much-needed healing to our communities and the world.
Check out our clinic reviews here. Thanks for your interest!« Back