Functional Medicine Practitioner (MD/NP/PA)
We believe everyone’s journey to optimal health looks different. There is no one-size-fits-all – that’s why our team of providers, nurses, nutritionists and health coaches work collaboratively to deliver innovative, value based care rooted in Functional Medicine. Ideally, candidates should be certified by the Institute for Functional Medicine or be willing to become certified. This provider will focus on the Functional Medicine team approach to provide excellent patient care and experiences, and deliver innovative, value-based care, with the ability to:
- Build a patient-focused functional medicine practice and an internal and external referral network that brings chronically ill patients to Functional Medicine of Idaho for Functional Medicine and Primary Care.
- Work closely with team members to optimize the patient care experience.
- Provide feedback to the Medical Director and Practice Administrator on effective mechanisms to improve patient flow, patient care, EMR documentation, diagnostic testing options, and nutraceutical therapeutics.
- Provide clinical support for shared medical visits.
- Professional: 5+ yrs. of experience, preferably within the primary care or outpatient setting; previous experience applying Functional Medicine within practice. Medical Doctor/Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. Prescriptive Authority in State of Idaho.
- Knowledge: Ability to apply functional medicine in practice; prescriptive or eligible to apply for licensure to prescribe from the State Medical Board; Ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse team members, caregivers, students, and patients.
- Education/Licensure: Higher education from an accredited institution required; current active license within the state of Idaho. Certified through the Institute for Functional Medicine, pursuing certification, halfway IFM certified or willing to become certified within 18 months. Additional training in Functional Medicine will be considered.
- Communication: Excellent analytical and decision-making skills. Ability to engage in a dynamic clear conversation with team members and patients and/or their families. Superior communication skills, emotional intelligence, and the ability to function in a rapidly changing environment.
- General: Passionate about health and wellness, functional medicine, health promotion, and disease prevention. Excellent public speaking skills, confidence in front of an audience, exceptional communication and problem-solving skills. Motivated to grow and develop knowledge, team player. Self-directed, highly organized, critical thinker. Willingness to represent Functional Medicine of Idaho with the utmost of integrity and professionalism. Strong computer literacy skills and the ability to operate and soundly navigate an EMR system.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Medical specialties: Functional Care
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm
Work Location: Meridian, Idaho« Back