New, innovative Functional Medicine practice in San Antonio seeking a passionate Health Coach committed to helping build our practice as we assist patients in achieving life-changing results in their health and wellness. Currently, we are experts in Western-based physical medicine, however as we recognize the need for total mind- body health we are transitioning into a more comprehensive approach to total body wellness. We are building a team of experts in Integrative Functional Medicine and Nutrition and we seek a dedicated individual to lead and direct this team into the future.
Our ideal candidate would be a professional who is trained with a foundation in Integrative and/or Functional Medicine approaches for chronic disease. Knowledge and clinical experience in integrative alternative health care may include all or some of the following: the use of integrative medicine, nutritional IV therapy, physical medicine, functional medicine, and nutrition.
Strong background in and commitment to the practice of Integrative Functional Medicine
Accredited certifications in nutrition, supplements, oils and other relevant integrative health disciplines.
Wellness/Health Coach certification from a nationally recognized and accredited professional wellness coach training program. Preferred certifications: National Society of Health Coaches (NSHC), Dr. Sears Wellness Institute, The L.E.A.N. Group, American Council on Exercise (ACE), Duke Integrative Medicine, Wellcoaches School of Coaching and American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills required, specifically, the ability to engage in a dynamic clear conversation with both partners and clients.
Ability to be self-directed, highly organized, think critically, and represent the center with highest integrity
Strong computer literacy skills and ability to operate in an EMR system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes and markets the practice in the local community and maintains an active public relations program. Establishes a strong presence in the San Antonio medical community for being the place for referring healthcare providers to trust with the care of their patients.
- Builds collaborative working relationships both internally and externally.
- Interact with outside vendors as needed
- Maintain office supplies and equipment
- Identifies, develops and provides health education materials to practice employees, patients, and family members.
- Other duties as assigned or necessary based on business needs
Qualified applicants please forward a resume and cover letter to Dr. Timothy Edwards at the email within this posting.