US News featured an article on April 12, 2011, indicating patients’ desire for alternative therapies is driving medical schools to embrace alternative medicine. Laurie Hoffman, executive director of the Institute for Functional Medicine, is quoted stating interest in teaching alternative approaches has exploded this last year. The article concludes with an encouraging note that whether or not medical students integrate complementary methods into their practice, they will have gained from viewing medicine in a more holistic way.
Integrative Medicine Continues to Grow in Popularity with Medical Schools
- 6 Tips for a Successful Video Interview in Integrative and Functional Medicine
- The 7 Existential Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Starting Your Own Functional Medicine Practice. – Author: Tara Viswanathan, CEO of Rupa Health
- Careers in Functional Medicine: Why You Should Include a Cover Letter
- Why you’ll want to complete your program in Integrative and Functional Medicine
- Five Ways to Jump-Start Your Career in Integrative and Functional Medicine with Confidence